Around the world, we connect the supply of and demand for vital products and resources. Energy that allows people to heat their homes and travel the world. Food for a growing planet. And chemicals for companies to use. Products that are vital to people's lives. We ensure the safe, efficient and clean storage of such vital products. The global energy transition, the rise of the Internet-of-Things and all the new possibilities of emerging technologies make this a very interesting time for us. If this global working environment appeals to you and you have the right skills and mindset, then apply now to come on board at Vopak.
As a Backend Engineer IT/OT it's the right time for you to join our team! The IoT components in Vopak are coming up and data transport and collection will be key. The collection of data from the industrial automation and business applications are coming together. If you would like to be on the edge in the new world and be the Engineer in the middle, then this is the right moment to join and learn from this new challenge.
Your three main missions
● ‘Developing and deploying an IoT edge platform for Industrial IoT (IIoT) initiatives.‘
● ‘Bridging between the industrial world and the IT world.‘
● ‘Automating everything, from deployment to testing'
Where will you do this?
The Vopak Global IT organization is the main supplier of IT services for Vopak business units worldwide and the Dutch headquarters. We drive the innovation and digitization of Vopak and the maintenance of the current IT landscape. The Edge team is part of the IT/OT Infrastructure Services team within the Operational Services department. Our Edge team currently consists of two Engineers who are responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining the edge environment in close cooperation with multidisciplinary teams.
Your job in bullet points
● Deploy and maintain IoT edge platform worldwide
● Develop new IoT edge functionalities with scalability and maintainability in mind
● Be a researcher/innovator of IoT edge technology
Who we are looking for
● Minimum Bsc educational level in Information Technology or similar preferred
● Minimum of 2 years working experience in back-end development
● Fluent in business English (verbal and writing)
● Software engineering background
● Demonstrable affinity with IoT
● Willingness to learn and teach
● Willingness to travel.
Skill set preference:
● Experience in building RESTful APIs using Node.js
● Developing and administration with MongoDB
● Experience with AWS (develop AWS Lambda)
● Automatic testing using js testing frameworks (e.g. Mocha)
● Implementing with CI/CD
● Preferably experience with deployment scripting and containerization
● Conceptual ITIL and Agile/Scrum knowledge
Industrial Knowledge preference (nice to have, optional, not mandatory):
● Basic knowledge and understanding of OT concepts and protocols (e.g. modbus, OPC
DA/UA), industrial networks, etc.
● Basic knowledge of the concepts and purpose of Process Control Systems (e.g. SCADA,
Are you the Backend Engineer IoT we are looking for?
Then start your journey at Vopak and apply via the ‘apply' button below. For questions about the process, please contact the recruitment department Raphael Begeer via email@example.com.
An e-assessment may be a part of the selection procedure.
Apply now if you're interested in this vacancy! Make sure you have the following documents ready to add to your application.