Join Vopak in Asia & Middle East. Make an impact.
Your role and impact:
As our Stock Controller, you will be responsible for the day to day stock administration and planning to ensure safe, smooth and efficient operations in the terminal and to meet customer standards and expectations.
Are you ready to make an impact on our growing business in our region? Read on to find out more about this exciting job opportunity!
A rewarding place to work
A career at Vopak means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to be a part of a visionary, global tank storage services leader with a heritage of over 400 years and work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We embrace inclusion and diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment, which is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success. Besides a competitive salary package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program comprising health insurance, parental leave and wellness activities.
Who are we?
Vopak is the world's leading independent tank storage company, operating 71 terminals in 23 countries. We store vital products such as chemicals, oils, gases, LNG and biofuels with care. With a focus on sustainability, we ensure safe, clean and efficient storage and handling of bulk liquid products and gases for our customers. By doing so, we enable the delivery of products vital for the energy, chemicals and food & agriculture industries, and to our daily lives. As a progressive and growing company, we continue transforming our portfolio and position our company strategically towards more sustainable forms of energy and feedstocks for example hydrogen and CO2.
We are committed to develop key infrastructure solutions for the world's changing energy systems, while simultaneously investing in digitalization and innovation. Vopak is listed on the Euronext Amsterdam and is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Responsible for the smooth and safe execution of all stock administration and planning
- Manage day-to-day Stock administration and planning, workflow scheduling, and inter-departmental communication to ensure safe, smooth and efficient operations
- Lead in effective stock briefings and ensure key management objectives are communicated in a timely manner
- Ensure proper reconciliation providing clarity of terminal stock status and follow up actions to the Terminal management team and finance department
- Lead the team in troubleshooting and problem solving in variance control
- Act as Independent Stock controller when assigned by the Operations / Terminal manager
- Work closely with Shift Team Leader on stock hand-over and control
- Reduce Ship shore variance
- Own the Terminal Inventory management system
- Participate in the integration of the DCS upgrade for 100% automate and digitalize stock reporting
- Assist current Vessel Variance Management by further progressing on analyze & explain loading and discharge performance
- Use data management systems to access specific information as required
- Participate on Terminal stock audit
- Manage stock inventory and reporting, traceability and transparency principle
- Track budgets and report variances on stock inventory
- Responsible for Finance reporting and monthly meetings
- Produce the Chemical & Gas stock reports in the spreadsheet
- Improve on Handbook reporting
- Participate in the variance control and has tabulated reports to convince customers on the variance in the terminal
- Prepare reports for Internal / External customer on variance management
- Ensure compliance of local regulatory and company's standards
- Manage and prepare for all audits, e.g. customers stock audits , variance audits
- Ensure compliance with Product Movement Standards and Stock Management Standards
- Display good Process Safety knowledge and exhibit
- Responsible for the review of stock to ensure they are in compliance with SOP
- Responsible to call out any anomalies in the stock and report any anomalies to Operations Manager
- Deliver customer expectations and standards
- Deliver on customers' expectations and requirements in a timely manner
- Participation in Customer Operation Review
- Address concerns from customers, discuss with Operations Manager and create presentation materials to answer to customers' expectations and queries in a professional way
- Help to manage internal customers by carrying out standard activities and providing support to others
- Use the external communications channel to access and supply specific stock information
- Train and supervise Operations team members on stock management
- Coach and train Operations team members in performance improvements in stock management.
- Initiate continuous improvement programs in terminal operations
- Identify and train two Operations Team as stock controller
- Train on loss control management in terminal
- Support other terminals to validate their stock management
- At least 3 GCE ‘O' Level Credits (including a Science subject) / NITEC or Diploma in Chemical Process Technology
- At least 3 years experience as a Terminal Operator with in depth knowledge in chemicals, petroleum and gas
- Experience in similar industry and terminal operations
- Wealth of hands-on knowledge of terminal operations and in depth site-specific knowledge
- In depth knowledge of products, equipment and a seasoned SHE expert
- Ability to manage multiple party communication and operate under stressful environments.
- Ability to plan and analyse issues
- Ability to train people in a systematic way
- Ability to manage demanding customer requirements.
- Proficient in Excel/Spreadsheet skills and possess basic analytical skills.
- Detail oriented
- Trustworthy and reliable
How to apply?
Are you the Stock Controller we are looking for? We are interested in learning more about you. Apply to be part of our Operations team. To send your application, click the 'apply' button. For more information about the vacancy, please email email@example.com
Learn more about careers in Vopak on our YouTube channel here
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may cover other related duties to meet the ongoing organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The successful candidate will be awarded a local employment contract.