Join Vopak in Asia & Middle East. Make an impact.
Your role and impact:
As our Sourcing & Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for managing the S&P function with the OpCo and responsible for one or more team members, ensuring usage of tactical procurement procedures and responsible for quotation and tendering for a defined area or function (e.g. a single defined terminal) as well as taking ownership on supplier management program.
Are you ready to make an impact on our growing business in our region? Read on to find out more about this exciting job opportunity!
A rewarding place to work
A career at Vopak means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to be a part of a visionary, global tank storage services leader with a heritage of over 400 years and work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We embrace inclusion and diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment, which is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success. Besides a competitive salary package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program comprising health insurance, parental leave and wellness activities.
Who are we?
Vopak is the world's leading independent tank storage company, operating 71 terminals in 23 countries. We store vital products such as chemicals, oils, gases, LNG and biofuels with care. With a focus on sustainability, we ensure safe, clean and efficient storage and handling of bulk liquid products and gases for our customers. By doing so, we enable the delivery of products vital for the energy, chemicals and food & agriculture industries, and to our daily lives. As a progressive and growing company, we continue transforming our portfolio and position our company strategically towards more sustainable forms of energy and feedstocks for example hydrogen and CO2.
We are committed to develop key infrastructure solutions for the world's changing energy systems, while simultaneously investing in digitalization and innovation. Vopak is listed on the Euronext Amsterdam and is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Plan, define category strategy, tender and buy goods, services and other expenditure for the Operating Company (eg., machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies and services) in line with the procurement policy and contracts.
- Based on terminal plans, S&P Maturity Assessment, divisional and global Roadmap, develop and execute the S&P strategy. This includes an underlying long-term plan/roadmap to accomplish that strategy by systematically governing progress, investigating and identifying opportunities.
- Supplier Management: Structurally manage the supplier base together with internal stakeholders by periodically monitoring, evaluating and improving supplier performance as part of the Supplier Management Program. This minimally includes the tiering of the supplier base, measuring performance of critical suppliers, evaluation meetings and improvement program.
- Contract Management: Ensure together with your team the proper implementation and follow-up of procurement contracts.
- Purchase to Pay: Manage your team in the effective execution of the relevant S&P steps in the P2P process (Request, Approve, Order, Expedite and Receive) in order to get the right service/product at the right place at the right time, while they effectively use the supporting ERP system.
- Buying: Lead and govern your local S&P team in their buying of goods and services below €25K.
- Tendering: For purchases larger than €25K without framework agreement, execute and manage an optimal supplier selection process via all required steps such as: conduct internal and market analysis, determine selection criteria, develop and evaluate RFI and RFP, execute clarification meetings, communicate to bidders and cooperate with internal business partners.
- Project & Category Strategy Development: Based on key categories of procurement plan, develop and execute a project strategy and category strategy. This includes conducting internal and external analysis, define and agree with stakeholders on the best strategy in order to realize, secure and sustain optimal value for the business (in terms of costs,efficiency, risk, etc).
- Ensure availability of the specified goods and services according to the functional, budget and planning requirements of the internal customers/budget owners.
- Develop the annual terminal procurement plan and budget.
- Perform spend analyses, contract analyses, categories review, process improvement analyses and define initiatives to be included in the annual terminal procurement plan and budget cycle.
- Align the plan with all stakeholders and subsequently govern execution of the procurement plan.
- Perform various analyses (e.g. contract, categories and process). Align opportunities and actions with stakeholders to create and execute the terminal procurement plan.
- Understand and periodically measure and analyse processes and their performance/results by measuring global and local KPIs (e.g. P2P, savings, contractor safety, etc.). Provide recommendations to improve the performance.
- Process Management & Improvement: Drive continuous improvement by understanding and analysing processes, identifying and implementing process improvement actions.
- Develop and implement S&P policies, standards and systems in line with business and functional requirements to ensure effective, efficient and compliant work routines for S&P.
- Lead, coach and develop S&P team members.
- Doing regular performance reviews and taking care of people's development plans taking into account personal needs/preferences and capabilities.
- At least 6 years' experience in Sourcing & Procurement.
- Held leadership positions.
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.
- Strong commercial awareness and experience of Contract Law, which include drafting contract/specification clauses.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations; vendor management.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Analytical and decisive with high initiative.
How to apply?
Are you the Sourcing & Procurement Manager we are looking for? We are interested in learning more about you. Apply to be part of our Procurement team. To send your application, click the 'apply' button. For more information about the vacancy, please email email@example.com
Learn more about careers in Vopak on our YouTube channel here
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may cover other related duties to meet the ongoing organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The successful candidate will be awarded a local employment contract.