Your Main Mission
You will build together with all your colleagues on our ambition to be the best in Port. Vopak SA is a growing company and major investments have been done. You will join our motivated team to optimize the use of the infrastructure and contribute to a culture of being proud to work for this growing company.
Purpose of Position
The Shift leader is a key business-critical position within Vopak. The position requires individuals to convert business planning into an efficient shift plan and goals by leading teams of 12 to 15 people. The job, therefore demands excellence in areas such as people leadership, motivation and engagement, change implementation, and team management. Some of the operational elements of the shift leader position include:
- Management of the scheduling and execution of all operational activities on all sites and berths including all shipping activities to ensure timely and safe completion of all customer requirements as per procedures, work instructions, quality, and Safety requirements with optimum use of all resources on site.
- Oversees the administration of operational processes and stock control. Also, responsible to coordinate the repairs and maintenance of all defective equipment on the berth/site with support from the Technical, SHEQ, and other departments.
- Management of human resources, including staff performance management, industrial relations, and development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead, inspire and influence teams members
- Converts Operational year plan/business strategy into the shift plan
- Sets goals and tracks for the team
- Able to develop others
- Able to implement change in the operational domain
- Manages 2-way communication & engagement between management and team
- Able to maintain and grow relationships across departments and stakeholders
- Is the example to others
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Enable and motivate others to contribute to continuous improvement, step by step
- Manages the plans and shift team resources as per workload requirements.
- Performs risk assessments and scoping of non-standard activities: tank washing and LOTO verification on site
- Conducts routine monitoring and SOR to ensure compliance with safety procedures and quality adherence on site
- Oversee stocks and monitor losses closely by conducting monitoring programs and stock investigations
- Ensures that all operational equipment is in good working condition at all times, and all quality management systems are kept up to date
- Responds to incidents i.e. odour complaints, spills, etc.
- Fosters the Quality awareness of staff and leads their efforts to continuously improve the work procedures and quality of operations on-site and berths
- Facilitate the identification of staff developmental needs and provides mentoring and coaching of staff
- Controls absenteeism, time and attendance, and ensure consistent application of the company policies
- Support the drawing up and control of the site expense budget
- Authorizing of Contractor work permits on-site and routine inspection of Contractors on sites in terms of Safety
- Implementation of Vopak minimum standards and ensuring SHEQ compliance
- Ensures that general housekeeping on-site and berths is of a high standard
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Must)
- Degree in Chemical/Industrial Engineering or BTech in Operations Management, or
- Proven RPL to an NQF 7 level based on at least 12 years Operations experience and at least 7 years at Supervisory level
- Tank Farm experience especially at a management level (advantageous)
- Proven ability to Lead, Influence & Inspire others
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Management skills
- Mathematical skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Motivational skills
- Business administrations skills
- Report writing skills
- Technical skills
- Challenge the status quo
- Drives change
- Looks for optimization
Are you the Shift Leader that we are looking for?
Then apply via the ‘apply' button. For more information about the vacancy and/or the recruitment process, please contact the recruiter via below contact details.