WHAT YOU'LL DO
This is a Darwin-based permanent position reporting to Terminal Manager and National SHECQ & Sustainability Manager, available for immediate start.
The purpose of the role is to advise and lead safety, health, environment, compliance and quality (SHECQ) at our Darwin Terminal.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Being a proactive leader in all safety, health, environment, compliance and quality matters
- Leading incident investigations, determining root cause and suitable corrective action to prevent recurrences
- Leading risk assessments and the preparation of material for the safe execution of work at the terminal
- Ensuring the terminal complies with all internal and external SHECQ standards, laws and regulations
- Participating in audits as the local SHECQ representative
- Preparing regular reporting on SHECQ and Sustainability for the terminal
- Preparing reports and analysing data on SHECQ to determining improvement initiatives
- Identifying SHECQ training requirements and reviewing the content of training materials
- Ensure all SHECQ licenses are maintained
- Co-ordinating onsite inductions as required
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate and take pride in what you do, able to drive, make changes, and share the values of the organisation
- Motivated and energetic team player who likes to deliver on commitments
- Enthusiastic about challenging the status quo and making continuous improvements
- Have qualification/s in occupational health and safety, environment, sustainability, or quality management
- Have minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant disciplines
- Demonstrate internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Having experience in the Bulk Liquid Storage industry, Petrochemical industry or in a Major Hazard Facility will be considered favourably
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a unique cover letter - something that shows your thinking/belief and addresses the criteria mentioned above for the attention of:
Emily Nyamdorj, HR Advisor
Vopak Terminal Darwin
Berrimah, NT Australia
* Only those who are successful for the interview will be contacted.
* It is the policy of Vopak to give opportunities to all applicants for employment regardless of age, colour, sex, disability, national origin, race, or religion.