This position is responsible for the organization by developing, managing, driving and ensuring compliance with process safety management (PSM), occupational health & environment and security for company's operations. SHE Manager is also responsible to lead the SHE team in steering VTS toward a generative safety culture by planning the organization's SHE strategy and driving inter-terminal and cross department initiatives to improve safety performance.
- Lead the SHE Team to ensure compliance & drive continuous improvements in the Process Safety Management (PSM) & Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) management system.
- Lead the SHE team in providing proper & adequate support to the terminals & other stakeholders in their routine & non-routine activities.
- Manage good relationships with related government agencies, SHE and PSM professionals from similar industries for mutual experience and information sharing.
- Support corporate & regional SHE directions and initiatives.
Compliance with SHE standards and regulatory
- Responsible in leading the SHE Team to ensure compliance to all statutory safety, health and environment and security regulations and requirements as well as Vopak's Global SHE standards.
- Oversee adequate & proper maintenance of all fire safety, safety, security and environmental control equipment by Terminal Operation + Maintenance departments.
- Advise Management during crisis or emergency response including improving & maintaining response plans.
- Drive contractor SHE management performance and strive for continuous improvement.
- Ensure development of the SHE & terminal team in their process / safety knowledge.
Process and Risk Assessment
- Drive safety case implementation & ensure successful renewal.
- Plan, lead and drive the implementation & compliance to Process Safety Management System elements.
- Ensure that the incident management & investigation process is implemented and followed up accordingly to prevent recurrences.
- Ensure risk assessment process at both personnel & corporate level are implemented e.g. Major hazard risk assessment & JSA.
- Drive inter-terminal and cross department initiatives to streamline efforts to drive improvement in safety and operational performance.
- Conduct trending and analysis of data from audit and incident investigation reports to develop benchmarks, identify uncertainties and safety issues and assist decision makers in prioritizing these issues.
- Ensure timely submission, carry out trend analysis and consolidation of KPIs to Vopak division.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate must a team player with ability to work independently in cross-functional taskforces. The role requires strong leadership with good interpersonal and strong stakeholder management skills. He or she has a strong results driven personality with a high level of enthusiasm, good planning, and organization skills.
- Degree in or the equivalent certification in Safety, Health & Environment.
- Certified Safety, Health and Environment personnel.
- At least 8 to 10 years of safety, health and environmental management experience with at least 3 years in a similar capacity.
- Strong technical knowledge of all aspects of SHE & process safety management.
- Demonstrated experience in compliance and safety behaviors.
- Must be familiar with Safety, Health and Environmental regulations.
How to apply?
Are you the SHE Manager we are looking for? Then be part of our SHE team and apply via the 'apply' button. For more information about the vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.