This position manages the accounts of existing customers, thereby maximizing the revenues and profitability of their contracts for Vopak's services within the assigned product/ market combination(s); identifies and engages potential customers; transforms commercial leads into contracts
- Bachelor's degree
- Good understanding of financial concepts.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial or business development experience in the petroleum, petrochemical sector and associated industries.
- Possess excellent networking and interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation.
- A strong team player with good personal values, particularly professionalism, service, integrity and commitment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exhibit strategic thinking in problem resolution.
- Ability to influence and negotiate.
- Current knowledge of local market and regulatory conditions in the petroleum and/or petrochemical sector.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Project and business development.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the overall revenues/ profitability objectives within the assigned product/ market combination(s)
- Understand the needs, desires and requirements of customers and translates those into (additional) services.
- Identify and target new markets and customers.
- Develop and implement marketing/ sales plans for (existing and new) customer growth and increased market share (revenues and sustainable profitability).
- Systematically analyze contracts, including revenue analysis and determination of fair market value for services offered, including commercial and business risks.
- Negotiate and draft proposals and contracts, including value and pricing optimization.
- Responsible for maintaining and increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Have the mindset to continually improve and strive for excellence in Commercial workflow, Service delivery and identification of new business or service opportunities.
- Represent the customers' interests in the internal Operational and Customer Service organization.
- Manage the customer credit status and accounts receivable together with the internal Finance departments.
- Oversee and assist complaint handling and satisfactory dispute resolution for the assigned customer portfolio.
- Responsible for understanding the dynamics in the assigned product/ market combination(s) and translating these in actionable information.
- Work with and coordinates internal and external market and business intelligence resources to understand and develop views on local markets, customers and competitors.
- Evaluate industry trends, client needs, expansion opportunities and competitive threats to support strategic decisions.
- Monitor commercial performance for the assigned product/ market combination(s).
- Identify and develop value creation ideas to enhance marketability, service delivery and strategic positioning of our assets
- May be assigned to be involved in business development projects from time to time
- Participate in customer events and activities.
- Responsible in regional role as a focal point for assigned common accounts to assist other operating companies in their sales and marketing activities.
Are you the Sales Manager, Asia Region (Oil,) that we are looking for?
Then apply via the ‘apply' button. For more information about the vacancy and/or the recruitment process, please email email@example.com