Reports to Project Owner / General Manager of Vopak Sucheng LNG company
Location: Zhangjiagang / Shanghai
- Support the Project Owner to prepare the investment proposal, by providing a detailed definition of the project (scope, cost and schedule) so that execution can be authorized with certainty and construction can proceed withoutsignificant changes.
- Carry-out feasibility studies and develop all required functional and technical specifications in accordance with Vopak standards and applicable LNG codes and regulations
- Develop key project engineering documents, e.g. Project Execution Plan
- Obtain the necessary project approvals in compliance with Vopak Project Management standard (VPM), including stage gate reviews and risk assessments (HAZID, HAZOP)
- Set up the project organization structure, lead the project delivery team (technical work stream) and manage work allocation to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Organize the technical work stream consisting of both company engineering and external resources, including discipline engineers, construction managers and supervisors, commissioning and start-up engineers, to align all resources to complete all tasks from project definition till commissioning.
- Communicate pro-actively about developments in technical work stream with other work streams (commercial, financial and legal) and joint venture partners in the project
- Establish, communicate and maintain a sound SHE policy and practice and a SHE plan in line with Vopak SHE policy and standards, to guarantee a safe, healthy and environmental friendly work environment in the project.
Quality Assurance and Project Control
- Monitor and control the progress of the project with regards to scope, costs, timelines and internal standards, in order to ensure that the project specifications and approved parameters are met.
Contracting and contract management
- Set-up call for bids (invitation to tender) to enter into contract agreements with 3rd parties at competitive terms.
Key qualifications and competencies
- Minimum 10 years proven project management experience in setting-up a greenfield LNG terminal, starting from design definition to construction execution and hand-over to operations;
- Master degree in engineering with minimum 10 years professional engineering experience in the LNG industry;
- Experience in managing a FEED study contractor and an EPC contractor for onshore LNG terminal;
- Ability to deal with a wide range of engineering disciplines and to handle many complex interfaces;
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and industry standards, and experience with the application of relevant international and local legislation, Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality standards;
- Experience with LNG terminals project in China
- Ability to work in both Mandarin and English