WHAT YOU'LL DO
This is a full time permanent position based in Darwin. This position will report to Terminal Manager and be available for immediate start.
The purpose of the role is to ensure safe and reliable day to day operational running of Vopak Terminal Site, and to supervise a team of Operators.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Demonstrate safety leadership and contribute to the efforts of proactive interest in safety matters and improving the sustainability of the organisation.
- Lead, coach and mentor team members to achieve business priorities through allocating resources and effective management.
- Oversee all transfers of product in the terminal and shipping operations, and ensure safe and effective completions of internal and external product transfers in line with Customers' requirements and Vopak standards and processes.
- Provide sustainable and ongoing improvement management to the Terminal operation
- Ensure operations' team is appropriately trained, qualified and competent to provide a safe working environment and perform unforeseen operational activities.
- Liaise with customers at operational level and maintain effective relationships with them.
- Provide assistance in defining the scope of work for projects and arranging resource support from operations when required.
- Conduct internal operational audits and provide required assistance in onsite audits.
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate and take pride in what you do, able to drive and make changes, and share the values of the organisation.
- You are a motivated and energetic individual and good at delivering what you commit to do.
- You will have relevant qualifications in Engineering or Operations Management.
- Your industry experience in either Tank farming, Shipping, Petroleum, Construction, Oil & Gas, and Manufacturing, will be favourably regarded
- Previous proven team management experience is desirable