About the Programme
At Vopak South Africa we are looking for a graduate who will develop and implement the Energy Management System, in order to ultimately realize our sustainability ambitions. Vopak South Africa manages about three hundred storage tanks, many of which need to be heated. The aim is for Vopak to reduce its CO2 footprint every year and eventually become CO2 neutral.
The Graduate will work together with (process) engineers who work within the Technical Department at Vopak South Africa.
Your role as a Graduate
The Energy Management System aims to answer all kinds of business questions in various areas with measurement data from the field as well normal engineering activities that you may be required to get involved in:
- Energy Labelling: Is it better to use a different tank for a certain product?
- Energy Allocation: Where does the energy go? How much energy is lost through the pipes? Can we automatically detect whether insulation material has become wet somewhere?
- Energy Prediction: Can we estimate the CO2 impact of new investment projects?
- Energy Engineering: Can you design the systems with which we will reduce energy consumption?
- Engineering Activities: You will be expecting to conduct RCA's, scope of work development for the 3 Year Maintenance Plan, Conduct engineering investigations to resolve technical issues on either existing infrastructure or for the Sustaining Capex for both maintenance and terminal automation activities.
- Sustainability of our Activities: Can you design and implement a sustainability road map to ensure that all our activities are sustainable for the environment?
As a Graduate it is up to you too...
- Use your technical knowledge to answer the above questions and ultimately visualize them in a dash boarding tool. This visualization should ultimately increase CO2 awareness within the organization.
- Ensure the implementation of the system within the organization: the Energy Labelling system must be usable for the Operations department, the Energy Allocation must be transparent for the Maintenance department and Energy Prediction for the Business development department.
What you are required to bring as a Graduate
- M.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Econometrics or equivalent (dissertation topic on Renewable Energy)
- Excellent academic record
- Affinity with working in the (petrochemical) industry
- You like to contribute to making the industry more sustainable
- You can work in a targeted manner, so that you contribute effectively to the CO2 reduction targets that Vopak South Africa has drawn up
- Programming experience (python) is a must
- Experience with data visualization is a plus
- Good analytical skills, proactive attitude and easy collaboration with a diverse group is no problem for you
- Team Work.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and determination to achieve
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
Are you the Masters Graduate that we are looking for?
Then apply via the ‘apply' button. For more information about the vacancy and/or the recruitment process, please contact the recruiter via the below contact details.