Banyan Caverns Storage Services Pte Ltd (BCSS)
This position is responsible for directing, ensuring safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally conscious and profitable terminal operations in compliance with regulatory requirements and company's standards.
- Minimum Diploma or equivalent with terminal Operations experience.
- Excellent planning and tactical conceptualisation abilities in operational problem-solving.
- Strong data analysis acumen and ability to transform findings into opportunities for improvement.
- Good knowledge of operations, safety and product knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively and amicably, arriving at a balanced outcome
- Depth and breadth of general managerial experience.
- Positive stakeholder management capabilities with strong communications skills
- Individual with dynamism and the desire to work in an intense and demanding environment.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Support Terminal Owner and Operations Department in driving and implementing value creation projects that contribute to organizational growth and enhancing service experience for end users.
- Manage day-to-day operations of terminal to ensure quality services and outputs while compliant with SHE & security standards.
- Undertake terminal operations and integrate processes horizontally over multiple shifts with proactive stance in service delivery solutioning.
- To handle all Singapore Customs related matters, inclusive but not limited to application of Bonded Warehouse Licenses, import/export permits declarations, and Tradefirst assessments.
- Drive Service Standards and pro-active service culture in the organisation to derive value added advice / recommendation on business operations to Terminal Owners and end-users to improve their business planning and turnaround time.
- Drive all-aspect service excellence by means of elevating the organisational behaviour, culture and thinking in service design, planning, execution and follow-up on operational matters.
- Employ innovative and critical-thinking in optimising processes, procedures and implement initiatives that create value in creating enhance effectiveness and efficiency in the organisation.
- Create and implement continuous improvement and self-directing organisation that aligns with the values of the Company.
- Drive SHEQ standards, proactive SHE Culture and ensure Vopak Fundamentals (VF) and Standard compliance by the Operations teams.
- Assigned as the Site Main Controller during emergencies in the absence of Terminal Manager.
- Function as part of the Management Team in a dynamic fashion in driving progress and success for the Organisation.
- Lead and investigate incidents, near miss observations, and spearhead all corrective actions.
- Drive organisational development by focusing on people development, organisational discipline and systemising processes and procedures.
- Lead Operations manpower deployment, resource planning and shift scheduling, as well as talent development including supervisory rotational basis.
- Promote employee engagement opportunities and continually elevate positive organisational team dynamics within and across functions.
- Proactively handle employee relations concerns in the Operations department.
- Manage the Operations annual budget plan and quarterly latest estimates reporting, and drive cost-consciousness results in all matters of operations.
- Drive understanding and enhancement of the activities in the organisation by means of data analytics and objectives assessments.
- Establish effective communication between customers and internal parties particularly in delivery needs and requirements.
- Ensure site and Operations preparedness prior and during customer audits.
Are you the Operations Manager for BCSS that we are looking for?
Then apply via the ‘apply' button. For more information about the vacancy and/or the recruitment process, please email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Successful candidate will be awarded a LOCAL employment contract.