The role of an Operations Manager is responsible for directing, ensuring safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally conscious and profitable terminal operations in compliance with regulatory requirements and company's standards. Supervises Terminal operations employees to achieve goals within budgeted funds, cost effectiveness and manpower planning, to ensure the smooth and safe day to day operations of the terminal.
Terminal Operations Function
- Manage day to day operations of the terminal to ensure quality services and outputs.
- Undertake terminal operations and integrate processes horizontally over multiple shifts with proactive stance in service delivery solutioning.
- Drive all-aspect service excellence by means of elevating the organisational behaviour, culture and thinking in service design, planning, execution and follow-up on operational matters.
- Act as the Site Main Controller during emergencies in the absence of Terminal Manager.
- Function as part of the Management Team in a dynamic fashion in driving progress and success for the Organisation.
- Lead and investigate incidents, near miss observations, and spearhead all corrective actions.
- Drive understanding and enhancement of the activities in the organisation by means of data analytics and objectives assessments.
- Establish effective communication between customers and internal parties particularly in delivery needs and requirements.
- Ensure site and Operations preparedness prior and during customer audits.
- Lead terminal new projects in safe operations and commissioning of new facilities.
- Plan and coordinate plant shutdown maintenance and commissioning back system.
- Support Innovation and POC in Vopak
Plan & Manage Resourcing
- Manage department resources on supporting terminal operations or company on ad hoc projects and activities
- Drive energy and cost saving effort in line with organization sustainability goals.
- Lead Operations manpower deployment, resource planning and shift scheduling,
- Manage the Operations annual budget plan and quarterly latest estimates reporting, and drive cost-consciousness results in all matters of operations.
- Support in Commercial Inquiry from the Commercial team on the feasibility of a new product or project
Compliance with Regulatory & Company's standards
- Ensure maintenance implementations are in compliance with relevant statutory regulations,
- authorities' requirements and company's standards.
- Ensure maintenance employees are trained on SHE and regulatory training to perform their roles effectively.
- Drive SHE standards and Proactive SHE Culture in the terminal.
- Drive for continuous safety performance for maintenance employees and Contractors
- Responsible for the review and approval of job risk assessments, allocating resources to minimize or mitigate job hazards.
- Drive SHE standards, proactive SHE Culture and ensure Vopak Fundamentals (VF) and Standard compliance by the Operations teams.
- Lead team discipline in VF and compliance
- Employ innovative and critical-thinking in optimising processes, procedures and implement initiatives that create value in creating enhanced effectiveness and efficiency in the organisation.
- Create and implement continuous improvement and self-directing organisation that aligns with the values of the Company.
- Ensure operations employees are competent to perform the assigned tasks.
- Ensure operations procedures are available, updated and executed.
- Drive organisational development by focusing on people development, organisational discipline and systemising processes and procedures.
- Promote employee engagement opportunities and continually elevate positive organisational team dynamics within and across functions.
- Proactively handle employee relations concerns in the Operations department.
- Mentor and counsel team members.
Required Job Skill
- Excellent planning and tactical conceptualisation abilities in operational problem-solving.
- Strong data analysis acumen and ability to transform findings into opportunities for improvement.
- Good knowledge of operations, safety and product knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively and amicably, arriving at a balanced outcome
- Depth and breadth of general managerial experience.
- Positive stakeholder management capabilities with strong communications skills
- Individuals with dynamism and the desire to work in an intense and demanding environment.
- Familiarization in DCS operations
- Strong Knowledge in Petroleum / Petrochemical experience
- Good Knowledge in Refrigerated / Pressurized Gas operations. Banyan
- Good knowledge in heat exchangers, chiller units.
- Good knowledge Vapour treatment system Flares , Ground combstors , Flameless Thermal Oxidizers, scrubbers units.
- Good knowledge in Compressors , cooling towers , refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of Tanks and pipelines will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of operating Jetty frontage , Ships & infrastructure
Qualifications & No. of Years of Experience