Essential Job Functions
Are you interested in creating value to Vopak by being a key player in the strategic transformation of the company into a digitized logistics service provider, by maximizing IT/OT enabled value creation and business innovation?
As an Innovation Specialist you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver working solutions within a short time to market by exploiting possibilities of new technology and embracing new methodologies. You initiate, develop and design solutions that fulfil functional business needs and monitor market trends, developments and new features to provide terminals in the Americas Division with potential out-of-the-box functional solutions. The Innovation Specialist is the link between the activity in the workplace and management. Externally, the Innovation Specialist collaborates with start-ups and potential vendors, and puts effort in the development of eco-systems supporting the digital transformation of Vopak.
- Ensure development of new applications / infrastructure / improvement of existing IT environment in order to anticipate future demand requirements and improve fulfilment of current requirements.
- Ensure coordination and execution of projects, in order to deliver required results within agreed time, budget, scope and quality, in line with agreed project management processes.
- Ensure coordination of all changes and developments on applications to enable continuous improvement of Vopak's applications.
- Performs detailed evaluations of internal & external technologies to ensure world-class technology development and utilization via various benchmarking activities
- Ensure coordination of all changes and developments on infrastructural aspects, to enable continuous improvement of Vopak's infrastructure.
- Develop innovation roadmap in line with global and regional strategy
- Leads the new product and technology introduction process / strategy. Coordinates between relevant stakeholders for successful product launches.
- Projects executed according to accepted project methodology.
- Monitor and report on the active projects and their status.
- Release calendar for common applications setup, communicated and agreed to by all stakeholders.
- Innovate release management to improve time-2-market
- Network within the field of expertise to keep current with new developments.
- All processes documented and employees trained in the processes to be used.
- Advise effectively on innovation programs and on external developments
- Manage internal stakeholders by sharing regular updates on innovation roadmap, new technologies, projects, risks and challenges.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or Project management
- Overall 5 years, 2 years of specific innovation related experience
- High level of knowledge about Industrial Process Industries
- Agile development methods
- Knowledge of IT/OT standards and processes
- LEAN IT knowledge and preferable certification
- High-Tech Market know-how (trends in technology)
- Experience in Change Management; execution/scaling of Innovations
- IT Service Management process knowledge