This position is responsible for properly managing and supporting the maintenance organization. Responsible for developing the 5 year maintenance plan and translating the 5YMP into a preventive maintenance schedules in order to ensure that the assets remain in optimal condition. Analyzing asset failures, investigating root cause and optimize preventive maintenance in order to improve on integrity and lower maintenance costs.
Essential Job Functions
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of SH&E principles and values; champions safety as necessary
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the 5 year maintenance plan and consult with the Maintenance planner and Maintenance supervisor for input. The 5YMP is a combined exercise between the Terminal, Maintenance and Engineering which might be coordinated by the ME.
- Accountable and responsible for identifying whether an asset requires preventive maintenance, based on risk assessments, maintenance policies, and analysis of the maintenance history. Safeguard the continuity of the operation based on the 5 year maintenance plan and risk assessments
- Responsible for determining and adjusting the required preventive maintenance for an asset to include: specifications for type of preventive maintenance must be performed on a regular basis; possible adjustments based on manufacturer's recommendations, legislation, and/or status of warranty
- Responsible for identifying what frequency preventive maintenance work orders must be executed
- Responsible for establishing which default activities, standard procedures, and required tools are needed as part of the preventive maintenance work orders and consult with the planner to get input on scope of work and default activities
- Responsible for activating the PM schedule, so that on the designated moments in time, the PM work orders are created and can be scheduled and executed. Also must inform stakeholders of the schedule for PM of the various assets
- Contribute to creating a preventive maintenance work order, either based on the predefined frequency in the PM schedule, or triggered by an opportunity for maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems and determining the best course of action to take when equipment fails
- Ability to work with programmable logic controllers (PLC's)
- Maintaining control over maintenance tools, supplies and equipment
- Installing new components and verifying the equipment is operating properly; conducting quality inspections on jobs, communicating with client departments , customers and other engineering and operation colleagues
- Review and understand Safety Policies and Procedures
- Participate and successfully complete Safety and Job training classes
- Conduct monitoring and a variety of observation and inspection techniques on equipment
- Develop resource saving maintenance strategies
- 5+ years extensive maintenance experience
- Ability to read, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications for all engineering disciplines
- Ability to read and understand technical publications such as API 650, API 653, ASTM B31.4 and NFPA, API 570
- Experience with LEAN tools like, FMCEA, RCM, KPI's, TPM, PDCA, etc. Use these tools on a regular basis to optimize the maintenance processes and improve asset availability and reliability
- In depth understanding of terminal equipment including utility systems, tankage, pumps, valves, pipe and docks
- Must have excellent computer skills including MS Office , AutoCAD and MS Project
- Must have knowledge of or the ability to learn ERP Systems
- Highly proficient in CMMS systems
- Ability to read and understand regulatory publications from OSHA, EPA, CAL FIRE and TCEQ
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited university strongly preferred
Vopak is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Vopak to prohibit discrimination, harassment, bullying or retaliation of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation or preference, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetics, marital status, citizenship status or other grounds protected under local, state, and federal equal employment opportunity laws, regulations and/or applicable executive order(s). Vopak will conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Vopak will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Vopak in the U.S. and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please contact the applicable Human Resources Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.