Join Vopak in Asia & Middle East. Make an impact.
Your role and impact:
As our Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for VTS' internal communication plan and ensures that all internal communication is aligned to the communication strategy and global branding guidelines.
Are you ready to make an impact on our growing business in our region? Read on to find out more about this exciting job opportunity!
A rewarding place to work
A career at Vopak means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to be a part of a visionary, global tank storage services leader with a heritage of over 400 years and work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We embrace inclusion and diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment, which is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success. Besides a competitive salary package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program comprising health insurance, parental leave and wellness activities.
Who are we?
Vopak is the world's leading independent tank storage company, operating 71 terminals in 23 countries. We store vital products such as chemicals, oils, gases, LNG and biofuels with care. With a focus on sustainability, we ensure safe, clean and efficient storage and handling of bulk liquid products and gases for our customers. By doing so, we enable the delivery of products vital for the energy, chemicals and food & agriculture industries, and to our daily lives. As a progressive and growing company, we continue transforming our portfolio and position our company strategically towards more sustainable forms of energy and feedstocks for example hydrogen and CO2.
We are committed to develop key infrastructure solutions for the world's changing energy systems, while simultaneously investing in digitalization and innovation. Vopak is listed on the Euronext Amsterdam and is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Work closely with the leadership team to promote Company's (One VTS) strategy, vision, key messages, and the exciting developments
- Develop and implement the communications plan for the One VTS transformation program
- Advise the leadership team on all matters on internal communications and help/support them to deliver their messages effectively
- Work closely with division communications to ensure staff communications are aligned to the communications strategy and global branding guidelines
- Create contents (posters, presentations, videos, etc) required for One VTS program, and if required to source for and work with an agency
- Ensure the communications around One VTS is delivered in an engaging and effective way through utilisation of the right channels, content and tone of voice, in a timely and appropriate communication channels
- Sense the pulse of the people (via formal survey, focus group & informal channels – grapevine/chit-chat) and use the feedback to finetune communications around One VTS
- Work with the functional areas to help them deliver messages effectively
- Review all communications around One VTS before they're being communicated to the staff to ensure all key messages are aligned. Owner of the routine newsletters if any
- Support all other internal communication requests
- Review internal communications to ensure messages are aligned and communicated in a timely manner during a crisis
- Develop and maintain a communications calendar for One VTS program and all other internal communications for VTS to ensure all activities are planned and delivered effectively
- Facilitate all global employee engagement surveys (eg, OCDI, etc)
- Co-create contents (posters, presentations, videos, etc) required for projects with the respective project/depts heads and owners - MyService, OCS, Safety culture, etc and if required to source for and work with an agency
- Promote inclusive work environment, interdepartmental cohesion and informal communication through education, encouragement and recreational activities. This includes and is not limited to supporting the various committees such as the Inclusion & Diversity (I&D), Recreational Club etc
- Ensure communications from people movements to change management is delivered on time and using appropriate communications channels
- Craft clear, aligned communication messages targeted at the relevant audience for change management facilitation
- Promote open and transparent culture starting right from onboarding.
- Work closely with, support and advise the Departments heads, Project, Committee and Program owners in creating awareness, update status of the projects with their relevant stakeholders
- Work closely and build relationship with stakeholders internally and externally
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing/ Mass Communications or related discipline
- At least with 3 years' experience in similar role
- Good presentation, communication and technology skills
- Self-motivated, creative, resourceful and results-oriented, mature and an eye for details
- Possess good writing and conversational skills and must be skilful in handling interpersonal relations
- Experience in the coordination and execution of events
- Experience in engaging others during delivery of change projects
- Ability to write with a marketing flair
- Strong proactive customer focus (internal & external)
- Fluent written and spoken English
How to apply?
Are you the Communications Specialist we are looking for? We are interested in learning more about you. Apply to be part of our HR team. To send your application, click the 'apply' button. For more information about the vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about careers in Vopak on our YouTube channel here
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may cover other related duties to meet the ongoing organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The successful candidate will be awarded a local employment contract.