This position supports the Americas Division and Operating Companies (Opcos) Commercial and Business Development teams to achieve business development, sales, customer service and performance management objectives through the management and coordination of business intelligence and commercial performance.
Essential Job Functions
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of SH&E principles and values; champions safety as necessary.
- Leads or advises business development, commercial, service improvement and performance management initiatives.
- Ensures that data and reporting needs of the business are fulfilled by conducting analyses of Vopak's commercial business activities and those of competitors, as well as selected markets, products and regions.
- Develops and monitors data, data quality, data analysis methods and data metrics.
- Uses and maintains existing tools, methods and systems for collecting and interpreting data.
- Provides input for improvement and advice on the business intelligence processes, policies and tools.
- Creates and updates comprehensive industry, competitor, market and customer models including, market share, growth projections, trends and market forces.
- Supports the development and updates of the Americas Division strategy, annual commercial budget and plan.
- Assists Opcos in formation of business development opportunities and provides input for or verifies assumptions of Project Investment Proposals.
- Initiates discussions, challenges and influences strategic management decision making and identifies opportunities for growth.
- Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope.
Business Intelligence Analysis and Advisory:
- Responsible for providing accurate, comprehensive and timely data analysis and information and providing advice and direction stemming from findings.
- Identifies and collects customer, competitor, market, economic, financial and operational data in order to perform financial, statistical, quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Follows industry and country government/political, socio-economic, market trends and key developments that impact Vopak's business across the Americas.
- Generates and updates macro-economic and industry information, including supply, demand, and price forecasts and behaviors of other market players.
- Creates scenarios, proxies, correlations and forecasts of market trends and competitive positions based on data analytics, despite some level of ambiguity.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends by reading industry reports, conducting market research, and performing data analysis.
- Develops relationships with and plays key role in Vopak Global Business Intelligence network.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal stakeholders to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Works with internal stakeholders across functions and time zones to enhance their strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence.
- Prepares written reports and presentations of findings, illustrating data graphically, and translating complex matters/ findings into insightful and actionable recommendations.
- Identifies key sources of information/consultants to work with, in alignment with the proposed Market Intelligence budget and cultivates relationships with external business intelligence news services and publications.
- Identifies key market events to attend in coordination with the department.
Commercial Performance Management:
- Consolidates, analyzes and reports the commercial performance KPIs on a monthly basis, monitoring revenues and EBITDA developments versus budget, current business impacts and trends, vulnerability of the business and pipeline of opportunities.
- Develops Commercial Divisional reports including, monthly and quarterly reporting, and annual budget.
- Maintains the Divisional business development growth projects pipeline updates and reporting, in conjunction with the Finance and Operations departments.
- Manages the monthly Customer Survey including: monitoring its distribution, response rate and post-survey analysis and reporting of results.
- Works as the Commercial 'Service Twin' link to Operations, supporting identification of the main service issues and the implementation of improvement plans together with the counterpart from the Operations.
- Monitors controls of the Commercial contracting processes in line with the existing guidelines and systems, responsible for maintaining data quality and compliance reporting including customer contacts, contracts, prices, sanctions and compliance, account opening/customer screening.
- Manages the quarterly and annual Sales Awards program.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of existing commercial tools (CRM, Customer Gauge, Smartsheets, NPS, Qlik Sense) to support Opco usage and the training of new hires across the Division.
- Works in close cooperation with the Finance department for Divisional reporting.
- Minimum 7years' work experience with at least 5 years working in business intelligence, market and data analysis in the oil and/or petrochemical sector and associated industries
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with internal stakeholders, peers and senior management
- Experience working with international colleagues and businesses
- Strong business acumen and analytical ability
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with solid proficiency in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work remotely using collaboration platforms and be a self-starter
- Excellent proficiency with Google Collaboration Platform (Sheets, Presentation and Docs or the respective Microsoft Office platform) and relevant data-management systems Ability to extract, discern and interpret information from large data sets
- Strong analytical, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and develop new concepts and technologies
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business Management, International Business, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Research and Analysis
- Detail Oriented
- Quality oriented
- Problem Solving
- Business context awareness
- Market segmentation and customer targeting
- Change Agent
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee generally works in an office environment, away from extremes of cold or heat. Limited to no exposure to noise and vibrations other than normal daily office sounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee should not have regular exposure to fumes, odors, toxic conditions, dust or poor ventilation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel by air, rail, bus, or car.