The Business Development Manager-New Energies is responsible for initiating, developing and guiding the growth potential across the Vopak Americas Division in the energy transition field. Business development activities vary from the development of energy transition projects in new or existing locations, to the development and marketing of new business concepts linked to energy transition. The position reports to the Commercial & Business Development Director Vopak Americas and is based in the USA.
Your three main missions
'You will be driving growth in the Vopak Americas Division on the field of Energy Transition ‘
‘You will Identify business opportunities for new energy storage solutions across the Americas Division with focus on Hydrogen, CO2 Infrastructure, Redox-Flow Batteries and new feedstocks'
‘You will create value in a challenging and dynamic new market environment‘
How will you do this?
With your genuine interest in growth and energy transition you will create a basis to position Vopak Americas for new opportunities. You will use your vision, knowledge, insights, skills and network to develop initiatives that accelerate the contribution of Vopak Americas to facilitate the energy transition process in our region. As an entrepreneur you see opportunities instead of threats. Are you in?
Your job in bullet points?
● Maintain and build on a network to position Vopak to grow in new business areas, in the domain of new energies;
● Contribute to the development of the energy transition business strategy and after approval execute the activities according to the plan;
● Manage internal and external stakeholders during initiation, selection and definition phase of project development from a business point of view;
● Identify, evaluate and compare business opportunities, partnerships, customers and preferred locations;
● Connect at senior level with existing and new customers, develop business cases for respective opportunities, structure new value chains and accomplish agreements with customers and partners;
● Define and write investment proposals in line with Vopak Project Management.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate has a comprehensive understanding of the global energy transition and new energy storage developments, including financing, construction, operations, maintenance, policy and economic drivers. Solid understanding of relevant local legislation, regulatory landscape, and the requirements of doing business especially in the emerging North American new energy storage industry. The candidate has a proven track record in business development and genuine interest and ability to position Vopak in the energy transition. He or she has a network used as a basis for new business opportunities and translates this into an infrastructural solution for the customers. This role requires excellent self-starting skills, communications skills, both oral and written (fluent in English), and networking skills to successfully handle social as well as business interactions with various stakeholders.
You also have:
● An undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent, Master's degree is preferred.
● 7 - 10 years relevant work experience in business development and project management in relevant industries; including 5 years of specific experience in new energies BD roles.
● Understanding of supply and value chains and new energy flows of energy transition platforms;
● Knowledge of safety and environmental laws and regulations;
● Insight into market dynamics, including policy and regulatory landscape and customer and competitor information in the new energy space;
● Project management knowledge and skills; proven track record of project development and execution from start to finish of the commercial stages;
● Knowledge of company offerings, contracts, investment guidelines, services and company policies, rules, regulations and procedures;
● Understanding of financial (project) engineering, modeling and deal structuring to support the development of business cases;
● Entrepreneurial spirit, critical thinking, innovation, and passion for playing a key role in the Energy Transition.
Apply now if you're interested in this vacancy! Make sure you have the following documents ready to add to your application.