Project Manager large projects Vopak BU Belgium
Your main missions
You are responsible for the definition and execution of the project(s) assigned to you
covering all aspects on safety, budget, schedule and scope.
You actively contribute to making Vopak better.
How will you do this
o Set up and manage all project activities to result in safe delivery of the scope.
o Develop the project baseline, including strategies, execution plan, budget and
o Manage the budget, quality, planning, risks and scope of the project.
o Manage the execution of the project according to the Vopak Project Management
(VPM) up to close out.
o Manage the multidisciplinary project team;
o Manage all stakeholders of the project (internally and externally).
=> Take an active role in continuous improvement of the environment you work in.
o Be an active peer for other Project Managers, also when they are working on
prospects/projects that are not part of your portfolio.
o Contribute to development and correct use of procedures, work processes, etc.
Your job in bullet points
• Relevant Master degree, such as mechanical, electrical, civil or project management;
• At least 10 years of experience and proven track record in a project manager role in
industrial, chemical or oil/gas industry;
• Successful as Project Manager for projects at Vopak PM framework level 3;
• Knowledge of project management tools and standards including project control
• Excellent communication in Dutch and English (verbal and written);
• Excellent report writer;
• Excellent communication & management skills for internal project members, engineers
and external parties like engineering companies, suppliers and contractors;
• Competences: excellent conceptualizer / scenario thinker supportive to rationalized
recommendations to project owners and steering committees, excellent stakeholder
management on different levels.