· Onsite project engineer supporting Vopak Plaquemine and St. Charles terminals with onsite construction management experience for company growth capital projects.
· Be a pro-active leader in safety matters
· Provide a project engineering service between Consultant, contractor and Vopak
internal stakeholders throughout all projects within your scope
· Review and make professional judgement on designs based on Vopak Standards.
· Ensure project is carried out in accordance with the Vopak Project Management (VPM)
requirements, regulatory and statutory requirements.
· Demonstrating excellent stakeholder management skills
· Perform project development including project scope, cost estimate and schedule.
· Familiar with project FEL process for project identification and option selection.
· Manage and execute projects through all phases from project budget and development,
through construction, commissioning, and completion, within budget, schedule,
regulatory requirements, and industry accepted practices, as well as leading others as
· Onsite construction management through all phases, coordinate with Operations to
develop operations, maintenance, and start-up procedures.
· Develop material/construction bid packages for soliciting material/contractor bids, and
eventual project execution (including drawings, specifications, work scopes and
· Assist with project procurement and material handling.
· Lead external multi-disciplinary teams and serve as a technical leader.
· Apply economic evaluations such as cost savings, profit improvements and operational
improvements to optimize project output.
· Provide technical guidance to operating personnel.
· Lead project incident investigations.
· Communicate project progress and results in a concise and understandable manner.
· Support the Department’s safety, health, and environmental policies.
· Required minimum 5 years relevant job experience.
· Required bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering or similar field of study.
· Working knowledge of PHMSA Part 195, ASME B31.3/4, API 650/653, and NFPA along with the requirements and design criteria contained in these documents.
· Must possess strong communications, analytical, and organizational and skills for
working with all levels within the organization.
· Proficient computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet calculations, project scheduling and presentation development within Microsoft Office applications.
· Preferred prior experience in chemical storage terminals in the following areas:
o Mechanical – Piping, Valves, Metering, Hydraulics, Pumps/Seal Systems
o Civil – Foundations, Tanks, Supports, Marine Structures
o Electrical – Automation, Controls, Instrumentation, Motors, Power
· Ability and willingness to travel as required (est. 25%) and be self-motivated.
· Coordinates LDAR program through designated site contacts and subcontractors.
· Actively monitors changes in regulatory requirements affecting the Company’s Gulf Coast sites and provides guidance to the Vopak IIA Management Team as appropriate.
· Actively participates in regulatory site inspections and audits.
· Drives completion of sustaining CAPEX projects related to regulatory compliance.
· Responsible for reviewing regulatory reports to identify compliance gaps and establish data trends.
· Initiates, conducts and/or participates in incident investigations related to potential areas of non-compliance with regulatory or permit requirements to determine root cause and recommend corrective and preventive actions.
· Interfaces with Cority Environmental Management Information System (EMIS) to ensure accurate information is gathered and input in a timely manner.
· Prepares and submits information through the State of Texas Environmental Electronic Reporting System (STEERS).
· Prepares reports for presentation to internal customers including, but not limited to, senior management.
· Reviews and completes environmental section of internal, customer and supplier information requests as needed.
· Responds to environmental incidents including spills and other releases to the environment; provides technical assistance to first responders; and ensures timely reporting and follow-up to regulatory agencies when required.
· Conducts training for site employees as needed.
· Performs regulatory research and develops rule interpretations as needed.
· Distributes SHEQ related communications to affected employees as needed.
· Acts as environmental SME for Management of Change (MOC) reviews.
· Assists in developing and updating the Company’s SHEQ Improvement Plan.
· Responsible for submitting purchase requests and receiving goods and services in the procurement system and completing necessary paperwork to ensure timely processing of invoices for payment.
· Position is required to be “on-call” to ensure emergency assistance is available to the terminal operations team on a 24/7 basis.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position.
§ Ten or more years’ experience implementing/maintaining environmental programs in the petrochemical sector or similar consulting experience.
§ Extensive experience working with air emissions and air quality issues.
§ Extensive working knowledge of federal and state operating permits.
§ Experience working with water, wastewater, and solid waste issues.
§ Recognized knowledge and understanding of EPA RMP requirements.
§ Experience with technical writing applicable to procedures, work instructions, guides and manuals.
§ Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, various email and internet applications, environmental management system software programs, databases, and government systems (including STEERS), etc.
§ Excellent English communication skills both oral and written; experience creating and delivering presentations; experience dealing with regulatory officials.
§ Superior organizational skills: ability to perform detail-oriented work; customer service focus; ability to influence; ability to communicate diplomatically are essential to success.
§ relevant job: 5 years (Required)
§ Project Development/FEL/Pre-Feed/Feed: 3 years (Required)
§ EPC: 3 years (Required)
§ terminal: 3 years (Required)
§ tank storage: 3 years (Required)
§ Working knowledge of PHMSA Part 195, ASME B31.3/4, API 650/653, and NFPA along with the requirements and design criteria contained in these documents.
§ This role will support both the St. Charles, LA and Plaquemine, LA terminals. Must be willing to travel in between both terminals as and when needed.
§ Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, or related field required.
§ Master’s degree preferred.
§ Professional certifications (CHMM, REM, CSP) a plus.
This position requires an employee to be in an office environment as well as exposed to outside elements. Most extreme elements are heat in the summer months of up to 100°+ and some exposure to cold of generally no less than 0° in the winter months. There will be exposure to various chemicals and compounds, including fumes and smells, some of them hazardous. The employee may work in elevated environments. Employee must be able to wear PPE required by the locations where they work. General office noise may be experienced and louder sounds and vibrations when outside. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. All environments are safe with appropriate PPE.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak, and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be required to climb ladders/storage tanks up to 50’ in height. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel by air, rail, bus, or car.
What we offer:
Every career at Vopak is given the opportunity to shine! When you join Vopak, you can count on: