▪ Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of SH&E principles and values; champions safety as necessary.
▪ Assist in the monthly internal financial reporting and analysis of the Vopak IIA including journal entries, account research, and reconciliations of the income statement and balance sheet.
▪ Responsible for the reporting of taxes including: 1099s, property tax, sales/use tax, franchise tax, state tax, payroll tax, and income taxes (with external consultancy assistance).
▪ Assist in bank reporting including debt covenant reporting and analysis along with any other debt reporting requirements.
▪ Review weekly payment batch, schedule quarterly debt payments and equity distributions and deposit checks.
▪ Responsible for aggregated data and calculation of pass through revenues.
▪ Responsible for payroll / benefits, prepayment, provisions and accruals accounting.
▪ Assists accounting (global & local) and operations with internal and external financial and operational audits as required by various regulations and internal policies; audits may include company retirement plans administered by outside vendors. Main liaison with external auditors.
▪ Manages the credit card program and associated monthly accounting entries.
▪ Monitor accounts receivable position and coordinate communications between Commercial, Customer Service and Account Receivable departments.
▪ Assist in the management of insurance program and yearly renewal.
▪ Ensures accurate documentation and monitoring of corporate governance policies.
▪ Coordinate the annual CRSA (Controlled Risk Self-Assessment) & BPR (Business Process Review) programs.
▪ Responsible to seek continuous improvement in particular to optimize the usage of data, technology, automation.
▪ Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position.
▪ Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in company finance with extensive experience in accounting, financial reporting, consolidations reporting, budgeting, treasury, cash management, financial compliance, tax accounting and auditing.
▪ Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and statutory reporting.
▪ Excellent analytical skills and abilities; multi-task person; able to plan, organize, set priorities and deliver.
▪ Experience with Oracle Cloud, Tagetik, and Google suite of products preferred but not required.
▪ Strong modeling skills (Expert excel user).
▪ Excellent computer skills, including ability to easily use MS Office suite, process flowchart software, various email, internet, and other programs; proven ability to generate excellent informational reports and presentations; ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets.
▪ Good understanding of reporting requirements for stand-alone audited reports – public reporting experience a plus.
▪ In-depth knowledge of business, company policies, rules, regulations and processes and procedures, including parent company policies, processes and procedures.
▪ Excellent English communications skills, both oral and written.
▪ Independent and self-motivated.
▪ A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (preferably Accounting).
▪ CPA or CFA preferred.
All Company Core Competencies as well as the following job specific competencies:
▪ Customer Focused
▪ Detail Oriented
▪ Team Player
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee generally works in an office environment, away from extremes of cold or heat. Limited to no exposure to noise and vibrations other than normal daily office sounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee should not have regular exposure to fumes, odors, toxic conditions, dust or poor ventilation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel by air, rail, bus, or car.